Things to do in Ribblesdale
While you are enjoying Taitlands and The Coach House Tea Room, we thought you would also like to experience some of the other amazing sights that Ribblesdale has to offer and below we have come up with our must see things to do and see in Ribblesdale …
- Climb Gooseker out of Stainforth and visit Catrigg Force, walking across Winskill (where you will have a fantastic views of Taitlands!) and drop back down the ‘cat steps’ into Stainforth village again.
- Visit Giggleswick School Chapel with its beautiful copper domed roof.
- Watch the salmon leaping up Stainforth Foss under the National Trust owned ‘pack horse’ bridge.
- Watch the steam trains puffing past on the Settle-Carlisle Railway.
- Visit the Hoffman Lime Kilns between Langcliffe and Settle – the only ones of their quality remaining in the UK.
- See the peregrine falcons wheeling high above their nests on Langcliffe Scar.
- Buy a ticket to a concert at Settle’s Victoria Hall or a film at the Richard Whiteley Theatre in Giggleswick.
- Walk under Ribblehead Viaduct and imagine how this amazing feat of eningeering was created.
- On a Tuesday, visit Settle Market Square and the market stalls selling all sorts from fresh bread to fish and cheese to organic vegetables.
- Go to Horton in Ribblesdale, clock in at the Penyghent Cafe and climb one of the 3 Peaks – Penyghent (if you feel up to it, climb the other two – Ingleborough and Whernside!)
- Head out of Langcliffe to Victoria and Albert Caves and walk along Attermire Scar with a wonderful view to Settle and down Ribblesdale.
- If caving and potholing are for you, head to Selside and explore Alum Pot, Diccan Pot and Long Churn.
- Hire some bicycles in Settle and ride the Settle Loop.
- Have a paddle in Stainforth Beck and cross on the old stepping stones.
- Wind your way back to Taitlands for a pint or a coffee and a large slice of homemade cake!